Welcome to our new website! We’ve recently made some big changes to offer you a more seamless DTC experience, including folding Vin65 into the WineDirect brand. Got questions? Learn more here, or
Before you go
Download our free ebook, Break Into the Top 20% of Wineries.
Informed by our own proprietary data from over 1,500 wineries, our popular ebook takes a close look at the wine industry’s most effective direct-to-consumer sales operations and provides actionable advice for every winery—because we believe all wineries deserve to know how today’s consumers think and how to maximize their potential.
VIN65 is now
As of November 2nd, Vin65 is now WineDirect. We've made this change to offer you a more seamless DTC experience. You'll see that our branding has changed, but our commitment to providing you with best-in-class DTC software remains the same. Got questions? Learn more here, or
1. Vin65 processed over $772 million DTC sales through the platform in 2015. This is 46% increase in DTC sales from 2014.
2. Mobile traffic is sitting at 35% across the platform. This means that over 1/3 of winery website views are originating from a mobile phone. You've got to optimize mobile and make it easier for visitors to buy wine with their smartphone.
3. General retail statistics show a general ecommerce increase of 14% in 2015, while mobile ecommerce increased a whopping 32%. This was the first year in history that Black Friday sales on mobile overtook desktop sales. Wine has a long way to come (only 5% of wine sales are currently completed on a mobile phone), but this shows huge opportunity to sell more wine if wineries can get the experience right.
4. Email is still the best way to sell more wine online. Email conversion is up, while search conversion is dropping (email conversion increased from 2.4% to 2.75% in 2015). Wineries that are sending great emails are definitely getting better conversion rates - and are selling more wine.
5. Shipping is the #1 deterrent to buying wine online. Wineries that pass on the carrier rates and/or view shipping as a revenue booster aren't nearly as successful selling wine online as those using shipping as a marketing strategy. Flat rate shipping is winning - and those that are using shipping incentives to get their average order value (AOV) up per order are killing it.
DTC is growing. Your winery should focus on creating targeted and personal emails, getting the mobile experience right and making your shipping strategies work to increase your AOV on every order.