We’re looking for a Controller to lead our accounting operations and financial reporting activities. Do you have a passion for high-growth start-ups and excellent technical accounting skills? As Controller, you’ll partner with the CFO to provide day-to-day leadership; owning the production of financial reports and maintenance of our accounting system and records. In addition, you'll direct our accounting and financial reporting policies and procedures to ensure they’re in accordance with accounting standards and finance best practices.
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems; ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements
- Manage internal and external reporting and oversee general ledger, accounts payable and receivable, fixed assets, taxes and insurance, chart of accounts, and all reconciliations
- Develop proper GAAP-based accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls and ensure accurate and thorough documentation of each
- Set the strategic direction for the implementation, improvement and general maintenance of accounting systems and finance solutions that support a growing company and expanding product offering
- Drive a timely monthly close process , ensuring the integrity of financial statements in compliance with GAAP
- Provide cash management / cash flow projections
- Direct the preparation and timely filing of all required tax returns and other statutory filings with external firms
- Mentor, train, develop, and manage accounting team members
- Coordinate audit activity
- Oversee and manage relationships with banks, credit card agencies, and vendors
Desired Skills and Experience
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an accounting professional with five to ten years of experience, ideally beginning in accounting and audit, followed by experience gathering, evaluating, presenting and reporting financial information.
- BA or BS in Accounting or a related field. CPA highly desirable
- Trajectory showing progressive responsible accounting and finance experience
- Extensive experience with, and knowledge of, accounting, reporting systems and software
- Strong analytical skills, with Excel skills that are “expert level” (v-lookups, power pivot)
- History of developing and maintaining working relationships internally across functions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate accounting and financial principles to a wide variety of individuals
- Problem solver and entrepreneurial roll up the sleeves spirit
- Solid experience coordinating audit activities
- Experience establishing financial reporting standards and processes
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects at a time
- Technology savvy with experience selecting and overseeing software installations and managing relationships with software vendors; advanced knowledge of accounting and reporting software (Oracle a strong plus)
We offer a full range of Direct-to-Consumer services to wineries, including ecommerce, point-of-sale, and order fulfillment. We have one clear goal, and that determines our focus each and every day and that is to help our customers Sell More Wine. We do that through a strong culture of innovation and an unwavering focus on delivering the best to our customers. Our employees are friendly, passionate, hard-working, and most of all FUN!
We offer competative benefit package including medical, dental and vision coverage, Life and AD&D coverage as well as a 401(k) profit sharing plan.
This position is based in our Napa corporate office. Local Candidates will be considered.
How to Apply
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org