September is California Wine Month –The Wine Institute wants you to STEAL THIS IDEA!
The Wine Institute launched California Wine Month in September 2005, and this September will be its eighth year. Last year’s 2011 California Wine Month campaign received 200 million impressions in print, online and broadcast media coverage. The theme for CWM 2012 is “California Wines Road Trip”.
The Wine Institute is encouraging wineries to leverage the promotion, and has invited the industry to STEAL THIS IDEA!
Here are some highlights on “How Wineries Can Participate in California Wine Month 2012”
- Click on this link for the full tool kit.
- Talk about California Wine Month and your winery’s activities on your social networks. (Twitter hashtag is #CalifWines.)
- Participate in any California Wine Month programs coordinated by your regional association.
- Create a special California Wine Month wine flight or food pairing at your tasting room.
- Create special “only in September” immersion programs at your winery.
- A day that tells the story from grapes to glass. Start in the vineyard with climate, grapes and viticulture, followed by a lunch or a picnic highlighting how our wines are a natural part of the fresh, healthy California cuisine and finishing with barrel tasting or blending exercises.
- A morning with the winery chef, shopping for produce and creating the perfect wine and food lunch.
- Showcase California’s fun, healthy lifestyle with yoga, Pilates or meditation on a patio overlooking the vineyard; horseback riding and wine; bicycling and wine; bocce ball and wine; hiking and wine.
- Innovative Wine Tasting Experiences—iPad/iPhone app wine reviews in the tasting room.
- Innovative Winery Tour Experiences—winery eco‐tours; dog walks and tasting; winery sculpture garden tour and tasting; pruning/grafting demonstration; art exhibits.
- Have a movie night at your winery! Pair Hollywood glamour with wine and food.
- Work with local hotels to offer these special VIP programs as part of a hotel package, to encourage weekend getaways at a special price.
- Create wine and food pairing seminars for local sommeliers and/or consumers to educate them on your region and wines and their versatility with many cuisines.
Wine Institute members can take advantage of the campaign that will direct consumers toward the web site by posting your events there www.discovercaliforniawines.com. For questions, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org