Are you offering holiday specials this year? We have a few tips for you.
- Start planning your holiday newsletter timeline and assemble newsletters now while you have time.
- Be sure to test your newsletters. Create (free) email addresses for yourself in hotmail, gmail, and yahoo and send tests to each of these addresses. Send copies to a few coworkers (or friends) and ask them to look for typos and confirm that all links are working as they should.
- Do not overuse punctuation. Excessive exclamation points are spam-like and will cause your newsletter to get caught in the Spam filter.
- Avoid using ‘free,’ use ‘complimentary’ instead
- Be careful with special html characters as most of these do not render well in email applications.
- Consider adding the following to your newsletter, at or near the top of the page “Please add email@example.com to your email address book to ensure our emails go to your inbox.”
Research email deliverability, content and/or subject lines. You’ll find a wealth of information.
- Book now - 10 dates left for holiday parties
- Wine clubs: The gift that gives all year long
- Trio of wine under $50 with gift pack and card
- 40% holiday discount for wine club members
- Discounts for Wine club members
- 2005 Cab with our gift of Riedel wine glasses
Get started now so you and your holiday newsletters are ready before the holiday rush is here.