Are you interested in working in the wine industry? Would you like to work on a dedicated wave planning team with a strong performance culture? If so, WineDirect has the position for you.
We’re the wine industry’s direct-to-consumer platform and we’re looking for a self-motivated, customer centric individual to come join us. WineDirect is located in the beautiful Napa Valley and has distribution centers in Paso Robles, CA and Glenwillow, OH. Our goal is to help our winery customers Sell More Wine direct-to-consumer, and we’re building the team to help them do just that!
As a wave planner you’ll use our warehouse management system (WMS) to distribute work across our Glenwillow labor pool in the most efficient way possible.
Our wave planners coordinate orders, release work to the floor, and track the progress of waves; all the while maintaining an open line of communication with various operations managers.
More specifically, they download orders from our WMS and build daily plans; creating and releasing waves that take into account variables such as carriers, service levels, and order destination. They escalate issues when necessary and build a plan of action when volume exceeds expectations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Efficiently and accurately perform tasks within a given time frame
- Process orders via our warehouse management system
- Control the workflow for the pick lines
- Monitor replenishments and set priorities
- Plan and organize for the following day
- Check reports to ensure all orders are met within SLAs (Service Level Agreements)
- Communicate with team members throughout the day
- Perform basic inventory processes
- Assist in warehouse roles like picking or Quality Assurance
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, and works well in a collaborative team
- Ability to make quick decisions, solve problems and prioritize assignments
- A strong "can-do" attitude
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills and processes.
- Effective time management skills.
- Ability to multitask, working in a production driven environment.
- Proficiency/Experience using a computer and computer applications required.
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems a plus but not required
- Experience with warehouse and/or order management software preferred
- Strong organization and multitasking skills
- Reliable transportation
We offer a full range of Direct-to-Consumer services to wineries, including ecommerce, point-of-sale and order fulfillment. We have one clear goal, and that determines our focus each and every day – to help our customers Sell More Wine. We do that through a strong culture of innovation and an unwavering focus on delivering the best to our customers. Our employees are friendly, passionate, hard-working, and most of all FUN!
Benefits and Compensation
We offer competitive medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance and a 401(k) profit sharing plan.
Compensation will be dependent on experience.
This position is based in our Glenwillow, OH distribution facility
Only local candidates will be considered for this position
WineDirect is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org