Warehouse Inventory Control & Receiving Manager
Are you interested in working in the wine industry? WineDirect is currently seeking qualified candidates for the role of Warehouse Inventory Control & Receiving Manager, for our Glenwillow, OH distribution facility.
We’re the wine industry’s direct-to-consumer platform and we’re looking for motivated individuals to come join us. Our goal is to help our winery customers Sell More Wine direct-to-consumer, and we’re building the team to help them do just that!
Warehouse Inventory Control & Receiving Manager Role and Responsibilities
The Warehouse Inventory Control & Receiving Manager is primarily responsible to insure the appropriate material storage processes and functions are in place to support high levels of Inventory Accuracy (99+% ) and efficient space utilization. This position is responsible for managing and maintaining a systematic approach to inventory control of all materials by ensuring materials are properly identified upon receipt, transactions in a timely basis and cycle counts are utilized to ensure accuracy. This includes process development and reporting that keeps all functional managers apprised of inventory on a regular frequency. In addition, this position is responsible for the reconciliation of raw materials and finished goods, inventory transactions, item disposition, and off-site inventory reconciliation. This position reports to the Director of Operations and works with front line, production and receiving team leads.
Specific Duties will include, but limited to -
- Develop and report key inventory metrics and identify short and long term plans for improvement
- Controls inventory by establishing and managing site Cycle Counting Program and Annual Physical Inventory; coordinating physical counts while reconciling with perpetual inventory system
- Utilizes the team to resolve daily inventory discrepancies in support of the outbound production operation
- Establishes and maintains business practices, procedures and documentation that ensures control of inventory, material storage and movements to the customer
- Sets clear expectations for performance standards to inventory team and follows up to ensure compliance, meeting SLA’s.
- Communicates effectively with internal departments and fellow Warehouse Team Leads to ensure smooth product flow and discrepancies
- Manage and monitor activities of all department subordinates to insure accuracy and integrity of all materials related to inventory & receiving accuracy
- Coaches and mentors department members as needed to optimize performance
- Review job performance of each subordinate so that employees training and development are maximized
- Enforces and maintains company safety and security policies and procedures; giving management feedback on any inconsistencies, strengths and developmental needs of warehouse team
Problem Solving Skills:
- Analyze existing processes and recommend best cost savings initiatives to drive improvement
- Analyze SKU profile and make appropriate storage and location decisions that will optimize replenishment and picking, labor efficiencies and Space Utilization
- Coordinate inventory adjustments and month end reporting with the Director of Operations
- Organize and lead all aspects of the Annual Physical Inventory
- Additional Responsibilities:
- Skill to recognize the impact of their decisions on company, customers and team members
- Ability to use problem solving skills, communicate effectively and lead by example
- Aptitude to learn and perform all warehouse processes as needed
- Knows and understands the internal and external customer base
- Ability to remove barriers that inhibit change
- Must be dependable and take accountability for achieving organization's overall goal and expectations
- Must act with honesty and integrity in all business interactions
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds and be active on the warehouse floor
- Provides work direction to increase order efficiency and accuracy
- Consistently looks for and makes process improvements
- Follows through on commitments and demonstrates consistency in words and actions
- Provides accurate and timely reporting
- Flexibility to meet all business critical work requirements (evenings, weekends) due to seasonal volume increases
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Associates degree required – Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Prior supervisory experience required
- Inventory control knowledge in the following environments preferred: Distribution, Production, Multi-warehouse
- Advanced MS Excel skills; proficient in MS applications (Access, Word, PowerPoint)
- High Jump Warehouse Management System Experiencea plus
- Ability to multi-task with excellent organizational skills
- Act with a sense of urgency to identify solutions
- Good internal and external customer oriented communication skills both oral and written
- Must love working in a fast paced environment
- Must have a positive attitude; ability to think and respond quickly in a fast paced work environment
- Work well in a team setting and be detailed oriented with impeccable follow through and accuracy
- Ability to define problems, collect relevant data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to exercise effective time management and planning skills in a high pressure, high energy environment
We offer a full range of Direct-to-Consumer services to wineries, including ecommerce, point-of-sale and order fulfillment. We have one clear goal, and that determines our focus each and every day – to help our customers Sell More Wine. We do that through a strong culture of innovation and an unwavering focus on delivering the best to our customers. Our employees are friendly, passionate, hard-working, and most of all FUN!
This position is based in our Glenwillow, OH distribution facility.
This position reports to the Director of Operations
Benefits and Compensation
We offer competitive medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance and a 401(k) profit sharing plan.
Compensation will be dependent on experience. WineDirect is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply
Please send your resume to email@example.com