AMERICAN CANYON, CA
Are you a highly motivated individual looking for a new opportunity? WineDirect is a growing, team-focused organization and we’re looking for a qualified candidate to fill the role of Procurement Manager in our American Canyon, CA distribution facility, supporting all of our distribution facilities and offices; American Canyon, CA, Paso Robles, CA and Glenwillow, OH.
In this critical role, the Procurement Manager will be the primary point of contact between WineDirect and our suppliers. Using superb analytical skills, this person will identify potential suppliers, screen, and negotiate favorable payment terms. After formalizing the supply contract, the procurement manager will then monitor supplier performance to ensure contractual obligations are met and to help make the supply procurement process as cost-effective and efficient as possible.
You will also work with the executive team to ensure essential supplies are procured for capital projects. Finally, you’ll monitor changes in the industry and develop forecasts and appropriate budgets pursuant to WineDirect’s operational goals.
To succeed, you will need a proven ability to improve processes and the ability to keep pace with the growth in our business while motivating others to meet critical deadlines and performance requirements.
Your specific responsibilities will include:
- Oversee and maintain a strategic sourcing program, i.e. contract pricing, negotiations, competitive cost of goods, forecasts, and compliance with all quality standards
- Key leading contributor to defining plan for strategic purchasing
- Manage and oversee sourcing, contract and cost negotiations
- Drive the identification, selection, and qualification for new vendors and technologies
- Obtain competitive bids, and award contracts on the basis of greatest profitability to the company commensurate with quality standards and delivery capabilities. Negotiate with vendors to reduce supplier costs.
- Oversee and maintain timely, accurate data of materials, and up-to-date records for Management’s appraisal of purchasing performance. Ensure that accurate data on changing costs are properly forwarded to key personnel.
- Assist with analyzing trends to strengthen the company’s bargaining position with suppliers.
- Proactively intervene to expedite product and supply issues
- Review supplier pricing to ensure accuracy relative to established contracts and formulas for commodity items
- Create and sponsor strategies and techniques to ensure new initiatives are successfully introduced or discontinued
- Monitor and manage system compliance for use of approved suppliers, items, and contracted adherence
- Develop and maintain positive productive relations with all customer and partner groups
- Perform other projects as assigned.
- BA in Business/Finance/Economics/Operations
- Requires a strong working knowledge of Strategic Purchasing with a minimum of 3 years’ experience
- Exceptional listening and negotiation skills to close deals. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrating a professional and positive customer service orientation. Solid analytical skills in forecasting and anticipating company needs
- Possess the ability to exercise good judgment, define issues, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions using sound decision making skills.
- Requires strong interpersonal skills with the ability to manage inter-departmental, and sometimes disparate perspectives. Experience at C-level presentations including securing buy-ins within a cross-functional executive team
- Advanced computer skills, specifically with MS Office Suite products, and demonstrable, advanced Excel skills
- Hands-on, detailed expertise when needed at all levels within the Supply Chain organization
- Must be able to put together RFP’s for the bidding process by an agency/supplier for needed services/commodities
- Experience with ERP (preferably Oracle) and/or automated purchasing system
- Experience with a large manufacturing company utilizing strategic sourcing methods to reduce costs
- Highly proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Experience in the preparation of proposals and the development of contracts
- Working knowledge of inventory planning and forecasting techniques preferred
- Good sense of humor and work well in a team setting
CPSM and/or APICs certification or other Purchasing/Material Management certification preferred
We offer a full range of Direct-to-Consumer services to wineries, including ecommerce, point-of-sale, and order fulfillment. We have one clear goal, and that determines our focus each and every day – to help our customers Sell More Wine. We do that through a strong culture of innovation and an unwavering focus on delivering the best to our customers. Our employees are friendly, passionate, hard-working, and most of all FUN!
This position is based in our American Canyon, CA distribution facility.
Benefits and Compensation
We offer competitive medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance and a 401(k) profit sharing plan.
Compensation will be dependent on experience. WineDirect is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply
Please send your resume to email@example.com
Only local applicants will be considered for this position.