Are you interested in working in the wine industry? WineDirect is currently seeking qualified candidates for the role of Maintenance Mechanic in our Glenwillow, Ohio facility.
We’re the wine industry’s direct-to-consumer platform and we’re looking for motivated individuals to come join us. Our goal is to help our winery customers Sell More Wine direct-to-consumer, and we’re building the team to help them do just that!
In this role, the Maintenance Mechanic will repair and maintain Material Handling equipment, machinery, and plant systems to ensure a well-functioning facility. Uses hand tools, shop tools, and test equipment to troubleshoot varied electrical, electronic, pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical components and systems. The applicant must possess the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers and decimals.
Your responsibilities will include
- Ensure operations of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements on motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems and production machines
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems, using precision measure and testing instruments
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices using hand and power tools
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventative maintenance techniques and monitoring compliance
- Maintains equipment, parts and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory levels and anticipating needed equipment, parts and supplies placing and expediting orders and verifying receipt
- The ability to create strong documentation to support OSHA regulations
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing technical publicationsand establishing personal networks
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities and continuing needs
- Observe safety and security rules and regulations and avoid equipment hazards as defined in operating instructions
- Report all safety hazards and conditions to immediate supervisor
- Maintain clean and orderly housekeeping practices in work area
- Have the ability to work with all members of production, maintenance and staff as well as the ability to work alone, complete work satisfactorily and in a timely manner
- Attention to detail
- 5 years’ experience working as a mechanic in a fast paced production driven environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including split shifts, weekends, nights and holidays
- The ability to work independently
Physical requirements of this position
- Ability to regularly lift up to 50 lbs.
- The physical ability to stand and be on your feet for extended periods of time on cement flooring , climb ladders, crawl in tight spaces,and be agile and flexible to perform repairs where needed.
- No fear of heights or claustrophobic
We offer a full range of Direct-to-Consumer services to wineries, including ecommerce, point-of-sale and order fulfillment. We have one clear goal, and that determines our focus each and every day – to help our customers Sell More Wine. We do that through a strong culture of innovation and an unwavering focus on delivering the best to our customers. Our employees are friendly, passionate, hard-working, and most of all FUN!
This position is located in our Glenwillow, OH facility
Only local applicants will be considered for this position
WineDirect is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply
Please send your resume to email@example.com